Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ramblings...

Acts 7:49-50
"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things?"

This hit me like a ton of bricks today. After several phone calls of people, places and things reminding me of how broken we all are, I begin down the all too often traveled (in my mind) road of despair. How quickly I head that way and how little things quickly can feel like bricks. Thank God I have found a new way of coping with the sorrow and the messed up things of this world. My hope is not here, it is in heaven. I go back and forth between "how long?" and "life is a mist".
But reality is, all we have is now...today. While God doesn't give me everything I want, He gives me everything I need. As I was sharing with someone today about "the valley" and how if you look at the circumstances and timing of how things played out during that time, you can clearly see we were dealing with much bigger forces than just ourselves and sin. Satan wants to kill, steal and destroy and at times I feel as though life feels way to much like a war, and I think it is. A war unseen. Good news is, God is bigger. I don't fight alone. I don't have to walk the road of despair. I can walk the road of freedom and joy. I can choose to let people, places or things (that I have or don't have) affect my day, or I can look at everything, and I mean everything, in the light of eternity and boom....my perspective begins to shift. My soul feels lighter and the world here doesn't own me as much. It is amazing what prayer and the Bible can do for one's soul. Praying for your enemy works too. Try it for two straight weeks...that God will abundantly bless those you struggle in life to love. It's kinda of hard, but worth it, it's hard to be bitter at someone you are praying for God to bless.
My prayer for tomorrow is that I face outward. Facing outward for me looks like getting out of myself. Calling someone who I rarely call. Seeking out ways to give rather than receive. Being others centered instead of self centered and really seeking God's will and not mine. I pray I turn over my life and my will over daily to His care.
On the lighter side, this morning MH was walking out the door for school and said, "God is my bff- best father forever". Love that gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment