Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Following, following, following Jesus

It's a choice, everyday. To wake up and decide who to believe, who will shape your thinking this day.... The world or Jesus.

Things are shifting. Changing, as they always are. We are either growing more in Him or of this world. We aren't stagnant creatures, we weren't made to be. God continues to shift through my heart and breathe more of Him in my life through lovely people, beautifully written blogs and speakers. I am reminded of Him and the rest His shadow can bring. I am reminded I do not have what it takes to parent my children, or to be a gracious wife. I failed this morning and I am sure I will fail before night fall again. Our rhythm of life is one though that I hope breeds grace. Grace for me. Grace for my kids. Grace as a family. I am thrilled to know I don't have to have it together or keep it together to be loved and cherished....and I hope I am raising my kids in that truth.

I am tempted to fear, to look around, to judge and to feel judged. Living above this world is HARD, but I know when I am free because I feel it to the depths of my soul....freedom from self. It is for everybody. Capturing thoughts, seeking Him every step, praying to be kind, and then praying to be kind some more. Understanding people is knowing their story. Looking past their behavior into their hearts. Loving God's people, changes God's people...NOT trying to fix them. I need this reminder daily.

Slowly, this truth is sinking in. I grew up in a world of performer's and I could not keep up. The people who tried to fix me had the best intentions, I truly believe this, but the people who impacted me, were the people who crawled in the pits with me, not those that tried to pull me out.

Life is a blink. I want to make it count, for the kingdom. I want this verse to be true...

 "Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
      so the lost can find their way home. "

Hoping I am known as a pit dweller and not just a story teller...















Psalm 51:15
The Message (MSG)


 7-15 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
      scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
   Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
      set these once-broken bones to dancing.
   Don't look too close for blemishes,
      give me a clean bill of health.
   God, make a fresh start in me,
      shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
   Don't throw me out with the trash,
      or fail to breathe holiness in me.
   Bring me back from gray exile,       put a fresh wind in my sails!
   Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
      so the lost can find their way home.
   Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
      and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
   Unbutton my lips, dear God;
      I'll let loose with your praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment