Friday, October 14, 2011

Detox Day Two




Our Dinner. 
2 pounds of ground meat
2 Tablespoons of tomato paste
2 Zucchinis
1 Sweet Potato
2 Carrots
Onion
3 cloves Garlic
Handful of Chopped Mushrooms
3 Eggs
Oregano
Salt n Pepper
Directions:
Turn on your oven to 400•. Slice your zucchini on a mandolin into thin noodles and set aside. Cook our meat on your stove top. While the meat is cooking cut up your carrots on the mandolin and grate you sweet potato with a cheese grater. I find sweet potatoes to hard to slice on my mandolin. When the meat is almost cooked add the tomato paste, onions, garlic and the mushroom. Cook for a few minutes more. Once the meat is cooked add it to a large bowl and add in the zucchini, sweet potato and carrots. Whisk the three eggs and add those to the bowl along with the spices. Mix everything together and add to an 9″x13″ dish, cover with foil and toss in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 20 minutes and you are all done. Enjoy.

3rd baby. Falls asleep on the kitchen floor as I cook.
 I forget he still needs naps occasionally!

Note: I would put more tomato paste in it next time and lots of salt and pepper.
Use a cheese grater to grate the sweet potato. So easy!



Dying for a sugar fix. 
Gotta stop this, read here on Sugar Tantrums. I have them for sure, and I've got to send them to time out. Seriously?! Today I am cranky. I miss sweets and I am on day two. Munching broccoli. Here is my ridiculous effort of keeping my "sugar baby" in me alive, juiced an orange and this is all I got :(




Tuna and Veggies 
I had SEVEN, yes SEVEN veggies yesterday. My body is revolting wondering what in the world is happening. Only until AFTER I ate it, did I realize my tuna dish I drummed up with pea's was a no-no. Read here for further explanation. (Pea's is a Legume) 
By the way this has  become my reading material at night. Thrilling, I know.

So, this eating Real Food is making me think, or realize how much I don't think about what I put in my mouth. Some may say I need to start over, but heck no. I am sticking to it. I am almost done with day 2. Last night the hubs was gone and I needed some sanity so the kids walked to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather. On the way home, like the fun mama I am, we stopped by Soho Sweets and everyone got to pick out 3 pieces of candy. They were thrilled. I popped a jelly bean and a skittle in my mouth not even thinking. Earlier I also ate 3 pieces of popcorn before I realized it and licked the peanut butter off the knife. All not allowed.
Again, Jesus help me. I want to finish it. 28 more days. Fist pump.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment