Thursday, September 27, 2012

a hotel room in Georgia

That is where I am. Beside me a pillow lays, embroidered with "sweet dreams". I hope that is in my future. The hubs had a business meeting and he knows I dream of being alone and sometimes I pray that I will get sick enough to be admitted for a hospital stay, which he says is really a sick way to think, but nonetheless I love to be alone. I am an extrovert and people do truly give me energy, but I am also learning, as I get older and wiser, that people are uniquely made up and I am one of them. They are not ALL introverts nor ALL extroverts. That might be a dominating factor, but everyone needs people and everyone needs alone time. I long for alone time. Me and a cup of coffee and a bed. There is nothing better. I am glad that the hubs is here, but I am also thankful for the meeting he is in.

I am not sure what needs to happen, but I find myself exhausted most days. I attribute it waking up and training women at the crack of dawn, actually before the crack of dawn and no, that does not help but I don't think my body ever goes into a deep sleep. I am awake, up and down all night. I have two beds. Our bed and the couch... and I tell my children that it is not normal, but then again I am not normal. I go back and forth, forth and back and round and round. I just need sleep. I had a major meltdown this morning. Cried in an alley walking back home from school, screamed at the baby banshee and the dog and then had a come apart on the way here. I told the hubs I feel like a wound up toy. I am wound as tight as possible and somethings about to happen....

Ironically, the scripture the Lord has laid on my heart this season is "Be still and know that I am God..." what does that look like when you are running a business and have three kids and Tink's cottage to clean. I don't know how women do it. I feel so not together and always pulled in 90 directions and forget field trips, lunches and sweet friend's birthdays....and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I have been having a pity-party all day and need to pull out of it. This is why I write.
I am going to go practice becoming still. Resting. Physically, mentally and emotionally...

Knowing my God and seeking Him in His word and by being still. Listening to Him...
I know that it is the road to peace.
The road to joy.
The road to life...
and the road to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment