Sunday, January 01, 2012

Drumroll...

I am thrilled to introduce my new venture: Homewood FIT
{FIT for Female Intensive Training}
Our Facebook page is here. Please like it!

 What started with a conversation at the beach a year and a half ago is now coming to fruition. I am thrilled to announce that I am starting a Fitness Community for women with one of my very good friends who has been in the fitness industry for many years and I am honored to be a business partner with. It has taken us a while to get here, but we are offering our first class on Jan 23rd for free, as well as the 25th and 30th. They will be our preview classes and will be held at 9:30 at Homewood Park. Our expectation is that it will be so much more than a place to get FIT, but it will be a community of women who encourage and challenge each other to make healthier choices and join in living out other aspects of life as well. Our regular classes will start in February on Monday and Wednesday's at 9:30. We will be outside if the weather permits and inside the community center if not.
 One of the main reasons I am so passionate about this is because I have experienced it with my girlfriends. I am not one to run by myself. I do not push myself when I am alone and being competitive with myself just doesn't happen. I DO know that one of the MAJOR reasons I got back in shape were my girlfriends. I had accountability, fellowship, encouragement and challenges. I lost 30 pounds and got in shape by joining a class with a friend and knowing she was waiting on me to be there each week made a difference. Then a different stage in life was a couples crossfit workout that also included accountability, encouragement, and fellowship and I am continually challenged and pushed by other women who I am community with.
 We would love for you to join the HF community. To sign-up for a  free preview class, just email us homewoodfit@yahoo.com. We are capping the classes at 15, so sign-up soon to make sure you get a spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment