Friday, December 30, 2011

Back on the Wagon

I am heading back to Paleo with this New Year. I have taken a nose dive straight into the depths of nasty junk food and tons of toxins and am paying the consequences. My body feels as though it has slowly been poisoned by all the junk I have poured into my body during the holidays. It has been a slow process, for some it is faster. I have yet to do the Whole 30, but am considering a serious detox and flush of my system. I am mentally gearing up for the switch back to healthy eating. I have maintained, somewhat, exercising and look forward to a new chapter in that as well. I thought maybe writing this down will help my mental switch and help me back on the eating healthy wagon.

Now onto a completely different subject....spiritual warfare. It exists. We totally experienced it yesterday as we had a couple who has been struggling in their marriage coming to dinner to discuss some things with us. We fought like pit bulls yesterday, not really, it was subtle annoyances at first, horrible communication and terrible moods. Right before they came there the dam broke and all the hurtful things we had been wanting to say all day came flying out of our mouths at each other. Satan whispers softly "you really have nothing to offer anyone..." Luckily, both of us agreed over dinner what had happened was an attack. We tabled our issues and focused on our friends. It was hopeful...for all of us. I am thankful to see clearly how Satan wants to defeat us and the verse that comes to mind is...

Eph 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Satan wants to kill, steal and destroy. He tried to do it in all faucets of my life, our lives...BUT God is greater. He can, will and has made us fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment