Thursday, November 17, 2011

Isaiah 25:8

"The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all the tears from all the faces."

I am ever reminded of how fragile life is.
It reminds me to hug my children tighter.
It reminds me to count every minute and to be grateful and present in everything I do.
It reminds me that we are not in control.
It sends me to my knee's and to His word.
It sends me running to community with others.
It makes me believe in Him even more.
It makes me quote Psalm 23 over and over and over.
It makes me aware that you never know the battles others are facing and fighting.
It makes me want to shower others with an extra dose of grace and love.


My friend died yesterday. I still have not shed a tear, as I am still in shock, and as the rest of those who adored him we mutter how could this have happened? Not him?! Really, he was a rock. A gentle giant. A kind, humble, gentle man of few words. Always encouraging. Strong and steady.

Jesus come quickly. Pray for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment