Thursday, September 01, 2011

Death.

  And yet another reminder our days are numbered. We are never, ever promised tomorrow. A man I knew since I was little when we lived in Memphis... I grew up with his girls, they moved to Birmingham and settled in the same church my family was in. The Hudson's are such a sweet family, he owned a Chick-fil-a in Memphis I remember going to as a little girl, and here he owned our local Homewood UPS store.

 Early Monday morning he met Jesus, he was my daddy's age. He was at the church I grew up in Sunday night. He was kind and gentle. He was loved by all his girls. Please pray for this family as they bury today their beloved Daddy and husband who was suddenly taken from them . I can't fathom burying your father at any age. He is celebrating in Heaven, we can be comforted by this. He was a man of great faith and the gospel flowed out of his life in every way.

 Pray their family would be comforted by Psalm 23, one of my favorite Psalms's and a gentle reminder he takes us THROUGH the valley's of the shadow of death... not to. Death is not the ultimate to those who believe.

 Thank you Lord for the blessing Dave Hudson was to many, always with a kind word, a gentle smile and kindness that came naturally in the way he treated others. Use his death to bless others, to show others yourself. Hold Jessica, Amy and Mrs. Hudson gently in your arms and comfort them as their hearts are broken. We know you make no mistake and Your plans are not ours. Be merciful and grant them peace. I ask for them to feel your presence and show yourself to them in ways that are tangible.
amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment