Friday, August 26, 2011

Paleo

First and foremost, I have NOT completely given up my carbs and oreo's, but I will tell you I am a lot more conscious of what I put in my body. In doing this and diving head first back into my fitness routine, I feel so much better and can totally tell when I do eat processed foods and how it makes me feel yucky. So, I am headed out to the grocery to get ingredients for this recipe. Getting back into cooking club after a two month hiatus has put me in the mood to cook, along with such a non-rushed, non-packed schedule.. We shall see how this turns out. It sounds like a yummy summer dinner!

Bell Pepper Shrimp Boats (from EverydayPaleo.com- a great resource)


1 lb medium shrimp, cooked tails removed and finely diced

1 red, yellow, and orange bell pepper

1 cup celery, finely diced

½ cup mango, finely diced

¼ cup olive oil

¼ cup lemon juice

Pinch or two of cayenne pepper

Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Parsley and Paprika for garnish

Preheat oven to 500. Cut each bell pepper into quarters and remove the seeds (see picture). Roast the bell pepper quarters on each side for 6 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the finely chopped shrimp, celery, and mango. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices and mix well. Fill each cooled bell pepper boat with the shrimp filling and garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley and sprinkle with paprika. Makes 16 shrimp boats.



No comments:

Post a Comment