Saturday, November 12, 2011

Photo shoot (by Ellie)

These were taken by Ellie. A 4th grader.
 Her mama did a quick photo shoot for us and I threw Ellie my camera. The setting was on manual. I was impressed by some of her shots!
I can't wait to see her mom's, and as I told the children tonight hopefully we won't have another photo shoot until 2021. Hudson is wearing damp jeans due to a dryer fail, we are threatening Owen after every shot.... I asked myself when I woke up this morning, when I ran out searching for boots for MH, and as I am sitting here typing....IS.IT.WORTH.IT???
And here we are....

 "Sing some silly songs", Lauren said. Apparently I am the only one who heard or maybe chose to hear.... The only one that came to mind was-
"Coca-cola came to town, Mtn. Dew shot him down, Dr. Pepper fixed him up, now we all drink 7 Up."
What a classic.
 I love this. Sad we don't have Owen, but maybe it's best. He was not cooperating!
Mary Holland looks a little worn down after round 1
 SO thankful for these boys.
"We give thanks to you with gratitude in lessons learned in how to trust in You"
Nicole Nordeman

We both listened to this song in days of the valley. Tears in our eyes, trusting, hoping, praying and giving thanks come what may. We both are very thankful for a Father who chases us down, leads us to repentance and is in the business of restoring people's lives in miraculous ways.
These pictures are a testimony to God's grace and power in our lives and our children, and without Him, would not have happened.

We give Him all the glory.

"He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment